Sep 022012

If you have pre-owned furniture that’s in a state of disrepair, and selling or donating is not an option, there are several ways in which you’d be able to dispose of the item.

The Helping Hand

The Helping Hand is a Volunteer Welfare Organisation that helps ex-drug addicts and other offenders re-integrate back into society. The organisation provides affordable moving services, which includes disposal of bulky furnitures. To contract their services, call: 6283 2204, or email them at

Town Council

Every district in Singapore has its own town council. These institutions manage and maintain the common areas of HDB estates. In addition to many other services they provide, town councils also help their residents remove and dispose bulky items, which usually includes used furniture.

To request this service, you can call your respective Town Council, or visit their offices in person to fill up their request form. The following is a full list of Town Councils and their contact details:

Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council
Tel: 6259 6700 | Email:

Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council
Tel: 65854938 | Email:

Jurong Town Council
Tel: 65612222 | Email:

Sponsored Links

Chua Chu Kang Town Council
Tel: 6569 0388 | SMS/MMS: 9659 9707 | Email:

Sembawang-Nee Soon Town Council
Tel: 6257 2722 | Email:

Holland-Bukit Panjang Town Council
Tel: 1800-766-9100 | Email:

Ang Mo Kio Town Council
Tel: 64530511

Moulmein-Kallang Town Council
Tel: 62989222 | Email:

East Coast Town Council
Tel: 1800-444-9549 | Email:

Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council
Tel: 6744-1033 | Email:

Marine Parade Town Council
Tel: 1800-241-6487 | Email:

Potong Pasir Town Council
Tel: 6284 5000 | Email:

Tampines Town Council

Tanjong Pagar Town Council
Tel: 1800-272-6415 | Email:

West Coast Town Council
Tel: 1800-776-0271 | Email:

Related post: List of companies providing furniture disposal services

Karung Guni

The Karung Guni is a rag and bone men that visits residences door to door to collect unwanted items from people. These men usually collect old newspaper and electronics, but they also accept smaller furniture, which they’ll then resell, recycle or reuse. If you live in an HDB estate, the Karung Guni men will come around to collect items every once in a while.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.