A steam cleaner can be used on any surface, it will kill germs and bacteria, while getting rid of stubborn dirt and grime.
1) If you don’t already have a steam cleaner, you can easily purchase one from a department store or DIY stores. There are many types of models available, portable models that can be held in your hands, or bigger ones which you roll around while using its nozzle.
2) Different steam cleaning machines operate slightly differently, it’s recommended that you read the user guide to get a better idea of how the unit works, it will allow you to use the equipment more efficiently, while minimising any accidents and mishap.
3) Fill your equipment with water, don’t exceed the fill line. Next, attach the correct nozzle with respect to the type of surface that you will be cleaning, refer to the equipment’s user guide for the proper attachment.
4) Upon powering on the equipment, you’ll have to wait a little while for the water to heat up, this usually takes about 5 minutes.
5) With the correct extension, go over the whole area of the furniture in an up-and-down motion, like you’re trying to vacuum the furniture. Work the entire surface of the item.
6) For the corners, crevices, seams, and folds of the furniture, use a narrow nozzle attachment to reach inside the area. Applying steam in these areas can help to kill bedbugs (if any).
7) When you’re done, you can let the furniture air-dry on its own.
Warning: Do not use steam cleaners on wooden furniture or flooring that have not been treated, finished, or sealed. Untreated wooden items are prone to swell and warp when they absorb moisture.